This is one of those recipes you must do just so you can say you did it. I’ve personally done this recipe before and the only reason I did it was to see the reaction of my friends. It did turn out pretty well though. So give a go for this kiwi melomel.
3 lbs Kiwifruit peeled and coursley cut
1 cup sugar
2.5 lbs Honey
1 teaspoon acid blend
1 pectic enzyme
1 teaspoon yeast nutrient
1.5 orange juice
- In a charge pot, boil kiwi and honey in 2 quarts of water for 1 min.
- Cool down to room temp and put into 2 gallon bucket.
- Add acid blend, pectic enzyme, tannin and enough water to make 2 gallon.
- Stir very well
- Add yeast and yeast nutrient
- Cover and put an air lock on top.
- Rack after strong fermentation is complete
- Let it sit until the wine is clear, and then cork
- Don’t drink for 6 months